Gay Adoption Essays
+ All Gay Adoption Essays:
- The Right to Marriage for the Gays
- Innovation Diffusion Framework-Policy Adoption
- Same Sex Relationships
- Gays in the Military
- Law Reform
- Gay Civil Rights
- Gay Marriage
- Gay or Lesbian Parenting and the Psychological Effects on Their Adoptive Children
- Defense of Marriage Act
- Gay And Lesbians Marriage
- How Culture Defines the Organization Campus Christian Fellowship and Repudiates Misconceptions
- Factors and Forces Affecting Ehr System Adoption: Report of a 2004 Acmi Discussion
- Gay Marriage Research Paper
- Taking a Look at the Institution of Adoptions
- Legalizing Gay Marriage
- Same-sex Rights Should Be a Federal Matter
- Challenges in Adoption of Ifrs in Nigeria
- It's Time for Open Adoption
- Americans' Acceptance of Homosexuality
- Homosexuality, Nature or Nurture?
- The Intersection of Race, Sexual Orientation and Religion in the Gay Community
- Hollywood: Promoting Stereotypes to Make Easy Money
- An Argument Against Same-Sex Adoption
- Gay Marriage Should Be Legal
- Rogers' Diffusion and Adoption Research
- Nature vs Nurture: Twin Studies and Adoption
- Strengthening The Foster Care and Adoption System
- Adoption of Animals
- Open or Closed Adoption: What is Your Choice?
- Arguements Against tge Legalization of Gay Marraige
- Gay Marriage Should be Legal
- Same-Sex Marriage Should be Legalized
- The Debate on Homosexuals Adopting Children
- Gay Marriage
- Gays in the Military
- International Adoption
- The Scapegoating of Homosexuals as Threats to Society
- The Sound of a Hundred Feathers: The Symbolism of Richard Hook's Painting, Adoption of the Human Race
- Biracial Adoption
- Same-Sex Marriage Should Be Legal
- Lesbian and Gay Teens
- Gay Dance Clubs
- The Transracial Adoption and the Multi-Ethnic Placement Act
- Semantic Change: How Gay Became Homosexual
- Adoption by Same-Sex Couples
- Factors Affecting the Adoption of High Performance Work Systems in Foreign Subsidiaries: an Empirical Investigation in Hong Kong
- Gay Marriage Will Harm Children
- Trends in Family Formation: A Look at Same-Sex Marriage
- Same-Sex Parenting
- Legalize Gay Marriage
- The Case for Gay Marriage
- The Disadvantages of Allowing Same Sex Marriages
- Assessing the View that Family Diversity is Leading to a Weakening of Traditional Family Values
- Gays/Lesbians Normalization in America
- The Gay Marriage Controversy
- Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Issues - Same-sex Marriage is Inevitable
- The Debate Over Gay Rights Movement
- Marriage: Is It Just for a Man and a Woman?
- Against Legalizing Homosexual Marriages
- Compare and Contrast Two Views of Gay Marriage
- Defense of Marriage Act
- Hate Crimes Against Gays
- My Invisible Gay Culture
- Unwanted Children: Adoption and Foster Care in the US
- Critical essay on gay marriage
- In a Country of Diversity and Tolerance, Discrimination for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgender Still Exists
- The Operations, Problems and Prospect of Pos Adoption in Nigeria
- Gay Marriage: All Men Are Not Created Equal
- International Adoption
- Democratic Morality and the Administrative Law
- Recognizing Same-Sex Marriage Legally in the United States
- Legalizing Same-Sex Marriage
- International Adoption: A Global Problem or a Global Solution?
- Gay Marriage Ethics Paper
- The Dirty Truth behind Foreign Adoption
- Gay Marriage Is a Human Rights Issue
- Same-Sex Marriage and Adoption Should Be Legal
- Let Us Legalize Gay Marriage
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Inclusion
- The Universal Right to Family
- The Difficulties in Defining the Family
- We Must Become More Accepting of the LGBT Community
- Gay Rights: Homosexuals Deserve the same Rights as Heterosexuals
- Gay Marriage and Religion
- The Feud Over Gay Marriage
- The Advantages of Closed Adoption Over Open Adoption
- Adoption of Ifrs in Bulgaria
- International Adoption
- Gay Couples Should Not Be Allowed to Adopt Children
- The Social Process Theories
- The Occurrence of Domestic Violence in the Gay and Lesbian Communities
Looking for research paper writing help? Are you in High School, College, Masters, Bachelors or Ph.D All you need is to ask for research, term paper, thesis help written by a specialist in your academic field. When you buy a customized essay from PremiumPapers.net. We offer you an original, 0%- plagiarized and unique research paper written by a dedicated writer who is PhD or Masters qualified. Assignment are part of education, they are a day to day activity but at times you may feel sick or you may end up with some activities that deny you the important time. Our assignment writing is clearly designed to assist you in any circumstance be it day time or night, all day long.
Get Your Essay Done by a Specialist
NB: Click Our Prices for more. Our starting prices are as shown below!
We have over 10 years in the essay, term paper, research writing over the continents: US, UK, CAD, UAE, Russia, Netherlands, South Africa, Europe, Asia etc.
We have a pool of 1112 seasoned & qualified veteran academic research writers in over 77+ fields.
At PremiumPapers.net revision is free if you are not satisfied, Our organization has a money back policy to ensure all our clients are satisfied and keep coming back
Applying for an order is easy on our site, visit our order page and place all your order information if you have attachments upload them and we will write from scratch.
For every order placed at PremiumPapers.net, you will receive a plagiarism, grammar check report
PremiumPapers.net is affordable, but our quality it premium since we have a huge pool of clients
Gay rights have been varying over time in the USA. They also vary from one state to another. Gay right evolution has been through LGBT (lesbians, gays, bisexual, and transgender) advocated issues. Different states have set different age limits for consenting adults to engage in sexual relationships (Layton, 2010). Despite the variances, most states limit the variation between 16 to 18years of age.
However, the current rights enjoyed by most gays are a result of a social movement within America and deliberated talk with law stakeholders (Layton, 2010). The legal position is that it recognizes same-sex marriage among adults with more than 16 or 18 years. The social movements saw the classification of gay rights fall into law and human rights protection docket. One of the rights that has been fought so hard for has been that of being able to have a family. This can be achieved by adoption.
Gays and similar sex relationship have existed from the past. It is not an aspect of the 19th, 20th, or 21st century. The behavioral tendencies of having sexual relationships with people of the same sex dates back to the early centuries (Layton, 2010). This is evident from artwork portraying two people of similar sex in relationships.
In the past people engaged in similar sex often kept it a secret. This was because of the levels of discrimination and segregation associated with the act. The American government was among the early nations that condemned gays and same-sex relationship. The rising number of gays and same-sex relationships contributes to the current social movements demanding equal rights.
It is critical to understand that indeed there are often differing views regarding whether the children that are raised in same-sex marriages can develop in a normal manner. The differences in research often come from the different methodologies that are often used by the researchers. It is of the essence to understand that indeed according to the U.S Census Bureau data, the number of children that are living with same-sex parents has almost tripled since the year 2000.
America has recently allowed gay marriage all over the United States, and this is intended to increase the number of adoptions by gay parents to an all-time high. It is, therefore, important to understand that indeed gay adoption is a huge topic that needs to be looked at keenly and the developmental effects of the children examined in a careful manner.
In a study carried out by Far et al. (2010) examining adopted child’s development due to the parenting orientation discovered that children development was not affected by the sexual orientation of their parents. There are Controversies on whether gay families should adopt young children. The conceptual issues centre on whether their sexual orientation will have any impact on a Childs’ development. Different psychologists have come up with different predictions regarding the extent a child’s gender development solely depends on the parent’s sexual orientation (Far et al. 2010).
Analyses were conducted using several sample representations, and the results were that there were no significant children adjustments because of the sexual orientation of their parents. They concluded that the parent’s sexual orientation had no effects on a child’s development and adjustment rather the family process and parenting technique was regardless of the sexual orientation of the parents (Engle & Huffman, 2010).
There also others that have come up with negative issues regarding the adoption of children by gay partners. Children who are brought up in gay marriages are confused on their gender responsibility and expectations in society. Reproduction of offsprings only takes place between a male and a female who both after that raises their children in their matrimonial homes. A child who has been brought up in a same-sex union will lack the initial know how of his or her role when it comes to matters of procreation. This will be against his right as he or she did not choose to be raised in that particular kind of a set up (Andryszewski, 2008)
Same-sex couples cannot be able to procreate. This makes the rate of adoption high. Children who are adopted by a same-sex couple will be deprived the right to live in a normal family upbringing with both biological parents present. They will not have the opportunity to have a mom and a dad living in the same house. This can cause a lot of emotional turmoil and pain as they grow older. They will feel the need to have a parent figure to identify with. A boy child raised by two women will lack a father figure in his life and vice versa will be true (Corvino & Gallagher, 2012).
In conclusion, one thing for certain is that gay adoption has been able to ensure that more children can live in families that are stable financially and emotionally. There are, however, different views regarding whether indeed there are developmental challenges to adopted children. This is mainly based on the methodology that the researcher uses.
Andryszewski, T. (2008). Same-sex marriage: Moral wrong or civil right?. Minneapolis: Twenty-First Century Books.
Corvino, J., & Gallagher, M. (2012). Debating Same-Sex Marriage. Oxford: Oxford University Press, USA.
Engle, P., & Huffman, S. L. (2010). Growing children's bodies and minds: Maximizing child
nutrition and development. Food & Nutrition Bulletin, 31(Supplement 2), 186-197.
Farr, R. H., Forssell, S. L., & Patterson, C. J. (2010). Parenting and child development in
adoptive families: Does parental sexual orientation matter?. Applied Developmental
Science, 14(3), 164-178.
Layton, Azza Salama (2010). International Politics and Civil Rights Policies in the United States, 1941-1960. New York: Cambridge University press.